Friday, January 9, 2009

Links of the Week

Having lived overseas for years, where the local library's only English books were a small collection of Hemingway... I have been LOVING the local libraries again. No internet link, but a reminder of the real-world link that a library can be - free books, magazines, and newspapers, as well as literate people and a chance to meet some good people. I have the best random conversations in libraries!

If you need to buy a good book, Amazon can be cheaper than a used bookstore, and has fast delivery. I'll have a specific recommendation up tomorrow!

For a free book, from Get Rich Slowly, Suze Orman was just on Oprah, and her latest book is available for download until January 15th right here.

Working at your computer? Music always helps my productivity, and Pandora is an amazing music site. Just input a song or artist, and they'll put together a playlist based around their connections. Due to copyright, they won't work outside the US, and they don't have everything. But I've got stations based on Jason Nevins, Coming In From the Cold (Bob Marley), and Greg Brown - and most of the performers they play I've never heard of before. Just don't let it distract you too much at work!

And finally, a new project I'm starting: Online Money Journal. This will be a blog of my attempts to make money online. If you're thinking of doing the same, come share the journey with me. I'll be looking at blogging, affiliation, selling, eBay, and telecommuting through some very good online sites. Help me (help you?) create wealth online!

No comments:

Post a Comment